Disability Services at the Polls
Arlington’s polling places provide services to accommodate voters with disabilities.
- All polling places offer wheelchair accessibility, and all of Arlington’s voting machines can be removed from the booth to accommodate disabled voters or those unable to stand or reach the machine in the booth.
- The voting machines have an audio ballot that allows blind voters to cast their ballots without assistance.
- Voters who can’t enter a polling place due to physical limitations can vote curbside. When they reach a polling place, these voters can send someone into the polls on their behalf to ask an election officer to bring a voting machine out to the car.
- Each polling place has a magnifying device for voters who may have difficulty reading the ballot.
- Voters who need assistance in casting a ballot due to physical or educational disabilities can request assistance. Voters may bring an assistant with them into the voting booth, or they can ask an election officer to assist.
- Voters should contact the Office of Voter Registration at 703-228-3456 to report polling place accessibility problems.
If you’ve been designated a poll watcher for an upcoming election, review Arlington’s Guidelines for Poll Watchers to ensure you comply with the appropriate procedures and laws on Election Day.