On March 3rd, Virginians will go to the polls to select the Democratic Nominee for President. Sample Ballot
Here are 5 things to help you prepare for Election Day.
- Any registered voter can vote. Virginia is an Open Primary state meaning that we do not register by party. Only the Democratic Party will be holding a primary on March 3rd. The Republican Party of Virginia will select their nominee at a state convention in May. Check Your Registration Online
- All regular polling places are open. To find out your polling place, Check Your Registration Online. Scroll down until you see your polling place.
- Polls are open 6am – 7pm. Any voter in line by 7pm will be allowed to vote.
- In Person Absentee Voting is still available if you are not able to make it to the polls on March 3. We are open Feb 27th: 8am – 7pm. Feb 28th: 8am – 5pm. Saturday Feb 29th: 8:30am – 5pm. Saturday is the last day to vote in person absentee. We are located at 2100 Clarendon Blvd, 1st Floor Lobby. Find Out of You Are Eligible to Cast an Absentee Ballot.
- Don’t forget your Photo ID. You must show an acceptable Photo ID. Common IDs include, Virginia Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, or Employer IDs. If you do not have an acceptable ID, you can have a free one made up until Friday, March 6th at noon at 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Ste 320. Complete List of Photo IDs