Vote by Mail
About Voting By Mail
- Mail ballots for 2021 election can be requested now. Applications are accepted until 5pm 11 days before an election.
- Ballots are mailed starting 45 days before an election.
- All voters are eligible to vote by mail.
- Ballots can be requested for a specific election or voters can apply to permanently receive mail ballots for all elections in which they are eligible. Election Dates
- If requesting a ballot for a primary election, you must indicate a political party preference. Virginia is an open primary state meaning any voter can vote in either primary. Since voters cannot register by party, they must indicate the primary they would like to vote in for a ballot to be sent.
6 Ways to Apply for a Mail Ballot
3 Ways to Return your Mail Ballot
Ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by 12pm (noon) the Friday after the Election.
Postage is paid for return ballots.
Drop at any Post Office Box.
Bozman Government Center
2100 Clarendon Blvd, 3rd Floor
Dates, Times, Locations
Ballots must be received by 7pm
Election Day, Nov 2, 2021.
2 Ways to Track your Ballot
Two tools are available to track your ballot on its way to you and confirm it has been returned to our office.
Track your ballot on its way to you
- Confirm ballot mailed
- See expected delivery date
- Confirm delivery
- Sign up for text or email alerts when ballot is mailed to you.
Enter your name and the address where the ballot is being mailed.
Track Your Ballot
Confirm your voted ballot has been received
- Enter the required information and click “Submit”
- Scroll down to the Absentee section.
- Check the Ballot Received column for the current election.
Confirm Ballot Received