8:00 am-5:00 pm
Office of Elections
Can’t make it to the polls on November 5th for the General Election? Come in to vote an absentee ballot in person at our office!
You need to provide a valid reason for not being able to vote on Election Day, which includes:
- Working or personal business outside of Arlington
- Illness, disability, or pregnancy
- Student or spouse of student attending school away from Arlington
- First responder on duty
- Military or spouse away from Arlington
- Incarcerated for misdemeanor or awaiting trial
- Religious obligations
See our Absentee Eligibility page for a more comprehensive list of valid reasons.
The ballot will include all Virginia General Assembly offices (Virginia Senate and House of Delegates), Commonwealth’s Attorney, Sheriff, Commissioner of Revenue, Treasurer, County Board (two seats), and School Board.. Check what’s on your ballot.