To register to vote in Arlington:
- Apply online – that’s the fastest and most accurate way to register!
- Print, complete, and mail a Voter Registration Application
- Visit the Office of Elections, Mon-Fri, 8 am -5 pm. (Note: Closer to the election date, we often offer extended evening and weekend hours and additional in-person registration sites; see calendar or call 703-228-3456 for details.)
- Email the Office of Elections or call 703-228-3456 to have an application mailed to you, which you can return in person or by mail to:
Office of Elections
2100 Clarendon Blvd. Suite 320
Arlington VA 22201
- Pick up an application at these Arlington locations:
- Public schools
- Post offices
- Recreation centers
- Nature centers
- Senior centers
- Certain government centers like the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Certain business locations
Note: We can’t accept this application via fax unless you’re already a Virginia registered voter and only updating your address. See the application instructions for more information.
Applications in Languages Other Than English
The U.S. Election Assistance Commission provides the National Mail Voter Registration Application, accepted in Virginia, in Spanish and a number of Asian languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, and Hindi.
Virginia is an Open Primary state which means that any registered voter in Virginia can vote in either the Democratic or Republican primary. You cannot register by party. When both parties are holding a Primary, you will be asked which primary you want to vote in when you check in with your photo ID.